3/21/10

Precious




I can't believe I almost didn't watch this movie. I thought it was going to be another one of those "teacher helps kid in rough neighborhood" type of things but boy was I wrong.

This movie was disturbing, powerful, painful, sad and inspiring all at the same time. If there were ever a movie that could affect you and reach right to your soul, this one is it.

Yes, it's sometimes hard to watch because what happens is just so unbelievable but it is worth it. Warning, the mother in the film doesn't shave her armpits or legs, very gross!

This is also a show that my mother would never ever watch. It's got the F word right and left but I believe it needs to be that way, it shows how harsh some characters are. And Mo'Nique's Best Supporting Actress Award is WELL deserved. She is incredible, especially in her last scene.

I think everyone needs to see this movie, well everyone that can handle it.

Warning: You will cry.

0 comments: